APNA will hold its annual meeting on Tuesday, November 22, at 6:30 PM. This meeting will include the elections of officers for next year and topics of interest to the community. Join it on Zoom.
NOTE: Normally, APNA meetings are on the second Tuesday of the month. The APNA board voted to move the APNA annual meeting to November 22. The Board felt that holding the meeting on Election night as normally scheduled would be problematic and reduce turnout. Keeping with Tuesdays the Board decided on the fourth Tuesday.
Want to know what the APNA Board has been doing this year? Here are the minutes from the January, February, March, April, and May meetings.
Continue reading “APNA Board Minutes January-May 2022”
APNA and APHZAB are each holding a meeting Tuesday at 6:30. See the ZOOM link at the end of this article.
APNA has three main items this month:
1. Presentation by Peach Properties for their proposal for properties that include the old Casa Vicente Restaurant and parking lot (375 S. Stone), the old All Saints Church on the west side of 6th Ave. at 14th St., the old religious education building on the east side of 6th Ave. at 14th St. and the old rectory on the NE corner of 6th Ave. and 15th St. We will have 15 minutes to hear their proposal. Please save your questions for their presentation to the neighborhood and general public that they will announce.
2. Nomination for APNA Officers and beginning of their election. At this meeting we will have the slate presented by the elections committee and take nominations from the floor. All nominations will be entered into the ballot and sent to all members of APNA so they can vote. Please see the email by Vice President Liz Burden for more details of how this will work.
3. Green Infrastructure Committee Report. As promised, the Green Infrastructure Committee will present on future tree trimming in the neighborhood. Please sign in to the meeting to hear the proposal for how to harmoniously have our trees and vegetation pruned correctly and will respect to property owners and pedestrian rights.
The Armory Park Historic Zone Advisory Board will have a short meeting at the start of the APNA meeting.
A reminder: The APNA Board holds monthly meetings on the 2nd Tuesday of each month (except January), at 6:30 PM. Because of COVID-19, APNA Board meetings are currently being held on line, at APNA Meeting Stream .
Meetings are open to all residents. Attending them is a great way to stay informed about issues of neighborhood-wide interest. We encourage you to attend!
A message from APNA President David Bachman-Williams:
This is a notification that if you want to vote in the neighborhood association elections that you have to have a current membership up to date. Our bylaws require that you be a member at least 45 days before the election. The election will be November 10. You need to have your membership be current by September 25. If you are not sure whether your membership is up to date please contact Phyllis (email@example.com), our membership chair.
A reminder from APNA Interim President David Bachman-Williams about next week’s important annual meeting:
Hi Armory Parkers.
A week from today is our November Annual Meeting. It is in the St. Andrews Episcopal Church Hall and begins at 6:30 PM.
On the agenda will be elections for Officers and Directors for the Armory Park Board and also for the Armory Park Historic Zone Advisory Board. The DUSK Festival will have been held at the Armory Park over the weekend so we should review our reactions to that event given the email communication that has been taking place on this list serve. (Page Repp from the DUSK Festival and Greg Jackson from the City have requested to be on the December Agenda. We will have the DUSK Festival on the agenda then as well as now.)
I will give an update on the state of our bylaws in light of a meeting I have with the City of Tucson Neighborhood Services staff. We need to schedule our End of Year Holiday party (time, date, and place). We will have an update on our sidewalk repair situation which is moving forward.
Besides regular reports that is what I know about. Please let me know if you would like anything else on the agenda.
Here is the agenda: APNA Annual Meeting Agenda 11-12-19
Find out Tuesday night October 1 at 5:30 PM at Saint Andrew’s Parish Hall. The developer’s presentation will be followed by a special meeting of the Armory Park Historic Zone Advisory Board.
Here’s the invitation from Lazarus, Silvyn & Bangs, PC: Neigh Mtg Notice10-01-19
A reminder that this month’s APNA meeting will take place Tuesday, September 10, at St Andrew’s Parish Hall. And don’t forget: the starting time for APNA meetings is now 6:30 PM! Come and hear what’s going on in the neighborhood! Tucson Police Department reps will be there to discuss neighborhood safety issues.
Here’s the agenda: APNA Agenda 8_13_19
Two additions to the agenda for Tuesday’s APNA meeting:
1. The Tucson Police Department will have a training session on crime prevention near the end of August. Office Zarnick will give us a 5 minute overview at 8:00 PM.
2. Joanna Smith with Benefest will give us an overview at 8:30 PM of the Benefest music festival scheduled for October 12.
The monthly APNA meeting will take place Tuesday 8/13/19 at 7:00 PM at St. Andrew’s Parish Hall. Come and hear what’s going on!
Here’s the agenda:
Continue reading “APNA Meeting 8/13/19 at 7:00 PM”