Welcome to the Armory Park, Tucson website, the official website of the Armory Park Neighborhood Association (APNA)! If you already live in Armory Park, you will find lots of useful information here. Please consider becoming an APNA member if you aren’t already one. Just click “Become a Member” to sign up. In addition to this website, we have an active listserv and a Facebook page. We have even on occasion been known to hand-deliver paper notices to the neighborhood on important issues.
If you don’t live in Armory Park, thanks for taking the time to check us out. Maybe you’re considering moving here? You should be able to get a lot of your questions answered – and maybe wind up with more questions than when you arrived.
Want to know anything else? Email Bill Duffy and he’ll track down an answer for you.
Don’t forget! APNA’s monthly meeting is Tuesday at 6:30 PM at St. Andrew’s Parish Hall. Come and hear what’s going on in the neighborhood and around downtown!
Here’s the agenda: APNA Dec Agenda 12-10-19
Neighborhood night at Iron John’s 18th St location! There will be a food truck each Friday through the end of the year and a band scheduled for the next month.
A reminder from APNA Interim President David Bachman-Williams about next week’s important annual meeting:
Hi Armory Parkers.
A week from today is our November Annual Meeting. It is in the St. Andrews Episcopal Church Hall and begins at 6:30 PM.
On the agenda will be elections for Officers and Directors for the Armory Park Board and also for the Armory Park Historic Zone Advisory Board. The DUSK Festival will have been held at the Armory Park over the weekend so we should review our reactions to that event given the email communication that has been taking place on this list serve. (Page Repp from the DUSK Festival and Greg Jackson from the City have requested to be on the December Agenda. We will have the DUSK Festival on the agenda then as well as now.)
I will give an update on the state of our bylaws in light of a meeting I have with the City of Tucson Neighborhood Services staff. We need to schedule our End of Year Holiday party (time, date, and place). We will have an update on our sidewalk repair situation which is moving forward.
Besides regular reports that is what I know about. Please let me know if you would like anything else on the agenda.
Here is the agenda: APNA Annual Meeting Agenda 11-12-19
From APNA Treasurer Donna Taylor, here’s the Financial Report for October 2019: Treasurer Report 201909
We will have three dumpsters in the neighborhood from Friday, October 11 to Monday, October 14. Here are some things to remember about our up coming neighborhood dumpsters:
- Purpose: To provide residents a convenient way to dispose of pruning waste and large items from their properties and surrounding public spaces.
- Dates: delivery on October 11, pickup on October 14.
- 345 E. 13th St. to be placed on 3rd Avenue just north of 13th Street.
- 646 S. 3rd Ave. to be placed on 17th St. just west of 3rd Ave.
- 544 S. 6th Ave. to be placed on 16th St. just west of 6th Ave.
- One end of each dumpster is open but the sides are very high, so carry your items to the far end of the unit and pile them as high as practical.
- Keep the area around the dumpsters tidy. The adjacent neighbor has agreed to have the dumpster there so show your thanks by helping to keep the area clean.
- For your convenience, a PDF copy of the Collection Service Policies is attached. It contains information on what can and can’t be placed in the dumpsters and loading tips: Roll-off Policies
The APNA Board holds its monthly meeting Tuesday, October 8 at 6:30 PM at St. Andrew’s Parish Hall. Come and hear what’s going on in the neighborhood!
Here’s the agenda: APNA Agenda10_8_19 copy