Greetings Armory Parkers,
Easter is upon us, and we wanted to keep everyone in the loop about some of our offerings at St. Andrew’s. For a complete list of our services and events, please visit http://www.standrewstucson.azdiocese.org/ or our Facebook page at St. Andrew’s Tucson. Here are some highlights:
- Second Saturday Gathering- Tonight at 5:30pm: This interactive service includes the regular elements of Gathering: a casual atmosphere, wonderful music, and discussion. This month’s gathering will also be an interactive walk through of the events of Holy Week. It is a very kid-friendly event as well.
- Tenebrae- Wednesday at 7pm: Tenebrae is Latin for “shadows” or “darkness.” Experience this stunning service of ancient chants, Psalms and readings. The time ends in solemn darkness.
- Maundy Thursday- Thursday at 6pm: This interactive service begins with a simple shared Agape meal to commemorate the last supper and walks through the events of the last night of Jesus’ life, including feet washing and stripping of the altar. The service will end with a vigil that goes through the night.
- Via Crucis- Friday at 7pm: Experience 14 Stations of the Cross as the choir and organist Jeffri Sanders under the direction of Sheldon Curry offer Franz Liszt’s poignant masterpiece – Via Crucis.
- Easter Vigil- Saturday at 7pm: This service begins with a traditional lighting of the first fire and paschal candle, and singing of the exultant. We will share stories of salvation from Hebrew Scriptures and celebrate our baptism and concludes with a late night observance of resurrection.
Please plan to join us.